Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Sail Caribbean: Hungry Hungry Huey

My boat, Pine, is hanging out waiting for tropical storm / soon-to-be-hurricane Chris to pass by. It looks like the center will just miss us 60 miles to the north, but we'll still get a bunch of rain/wind. We're hunkered down on a mooring ball at the Bitter End Yacht Club. It's currently sustaining 60 knot winds with gusts to 75. Could be fun!

So, I mentioned in my last email that I got my open water certification for scuba diving, but I failed to give the complete story. One of the things you have to do to get your certification is pass a multiple choice test. So I took the test and my buddy, the diver coordinator Sam, was correcting it and looking it over with me. We got to one question where there was a picture of a guy underwater with his hand going towards his mouth and the question asked "Does this motion mean: A) Are you hungry? B) I need to buddy breathe C) Let's talk or D) None of the above." Basically, it was the easiest question on the exam, and I swear I knew that it means buddy breathing, but somehow I bubbled in "A) Are you hungry?" Want to know the best part? I failed the exam by one question. Quickly word got out to the staff, and my old handle (or VHF call name) of Huey as now been updated to "hungry hungry huey."

By the way, I took the make up exam for my certification and passed, WOOO HOOO!!

Adios,
Hungry Hungry Huey

No comments: